Friday, April 9, 2010

Vision in White by Nora Roberts ***...???

I did - I listened to this on audio a while back, but I'll be damned if I can remember how I felt about it. I think I liked it - maybe even 4 stars - but for the life of me I can't remember, and can't find any place where I usually make note of my star-rating that I've listed it.

It's the first in the Bride quartet - 4 girls play-act at weddings, and now that they're adults, they are all partners in a wedding planning business. There's Parker, the rich girl whose parents died and left her and her brother Del the "estate" where they now all live and work. There's Laurel, the master chef/baker. There's Emma, the fabulous florist. And there's Mac, the photographer - and this book's heroine. Del's the Big Brother and he has a best friend Jack but they're bit players in the story. Carter's our man.

I can read the blurbs and remember parts of the story, and now that I've listened to book 2, Bed of Roses, I remember the characters. Carter's a geeky professor who is besotted practically when he meets Mac, and she's scared of relationships but not averse to some hot and sweaty sex of the one or two night stand variety. But when Carter makes the L-word declaration - well, Mac has to step back and reevaluate. She's got a bad role model - her parents divorced, her father started a new family and her whacko mother is ruining her life.

Uh, there was no doubt a conflict, the women surrounded their friend, and now Carter and Mac are going to get their HEA.

I guess I'll call it a 3 - liked it - since I really don't remember.

No comments: