Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Read Around the Genre Challenge

Cindy at Cindy Reads Romance is always looking for a challenge and now she's challenging us to Read Around The Genre. She's giving us from September 1 to December 15 to read 1 book in each of the following romance sub-genres:

1. Pirate or Viking - A Lady At Last by Brenda Joyce - READ 9/11, 376 pp ***
2. Vampire - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, downloaded audio book READ 10/13 (304 pp in paperback) *****
3. Contemporary - Beguiled by Lori Foster - audio, 9/3, 250 pages? ****
4. Chick Lit - A Little Help from Above by Saralee Rosenberg, loaned to me by a friend - READ 9/2 (334 pp) ***
5. Medieval - The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux- READ 9/5 376 pages ****
6. Time Travel - Time Enough For Love by Suzanne Brockmann, READ 10/7, (240 pp in the orig paperback; 179 in this edition) ***
7. Romantic Suspense - downloaded Death Angel by Linda Howard from audible.com - READ 9/1 (352 pp) *****
8. Inspirational - downloaded Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers from audible.com - READ 9/8 (464 pp in book form) *****
9. Historical - Seaswept Abandon by Jo Goodman - READ 9/9 *** 508 pp
10. Paranormal - Remembrance by Jude Deveraux - READ 9/6 (423 pp) ****

And she's offering incentives: Trophies up for grab:
-First Person Completed
-Most Pages Read (applies to these 10 books)
-Least amount of Authors read (JD Robb and Nora Roberts count as 2 authors)
-Challenge Winner (a random drawing will be held for all who complete the challenge)

I must say, it is almost more a dare than a challenge! Can I do it? We will see. Surely, at the rate of 1-book-a-day I can fit these in. Plus - HEY I did just realize that the Amanda/Cliff de Warenne/Brenda Joyce book that precedes A Dangerous Love is about a pirate...

(off to figure out how to weasel more credits out of my PBS account...)

UPDATE OCT 13 Happy Columbus Day! I finished this challenge. Whew! It's 3,566 pages, 9 authors.

1 comment:

Cindy W said...

Thanks for joining! I have got to keep things interesting and it gives me a way to pick books off my larger than life tbr pile!

Wait until you see the challenge I am releasing for 2009!