Sunday, September 21, 2008

Egypt Bound!

I am leaving Monday, September 22, for an 11-day trip to Egypt! My 2 sisters and I leave Houston at 10:30 PM on a flight to Cairo with a layover in London. We will spend a few days touring Cairo, fly to Luxor to board a Nile cruise for 4 nights, fly from Aswan back to Cairo for another couple of days touring the area, then fly home Friday, October 3!

I have an iPod full of books - Nora Robert's Hot Ice, as well as the last 3 of the O'Hurley books also by NR, Suzanne Brockmann's Into The Fire (the 13th in the Troubleshooter series), Diana Gabaldon's Voyager and Drums of Autumn (I'm working sllloooowly on my re-read of this series), and my in-progess listen to the free podcast of Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I'm actually hoping to finish Darkfever before I leave, and I don't expect to listen to all the books I have with me, but ya never know.

In addition, I'm taking hardcopies of Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Stanislaski Sisters by Nora Roberts and Blue Dahlia, also NR. One must be prepared for whatever circumstances (like not being able to recharge the iPod). I'd like to take the hard cover I just got of Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me, but I'm thinking it's too much, too heavy. Maybe I will anyway... well we'll see, since I really want to read it!

My older sister is gifting my other sister and me with this trip in honor of an upcoming major-milestone birthday she will celebrate next year, so thank you Beth! I have a journal with me to write anything that comes to mind while on the trip - I will not be taking a computer and I'm not sure what opportunities we will have to access the internet. I'm sure I'll suffer major internet withdrawal since I normally spend several hours a day either surfing or working online.

No comments: