Wednesday, May 7, 2008

book a day

I finished the last 2 Kleypas - Lady Sophia's Lover and Worth Any Price. three stars. I think I'm done with Kleypas - her writing just doesn't do it for me.

I did a re-read (actually have a few pages left) of Julia Quinn's Splendid. I gave up temporarily on Jamie-and-Claire and went to LaVyrle Spencer's That Camden Summer on audio - loved it! The narrator is David Dukes - actor, deceased. He's pretty good - unfortunately the sound quality isn't great, but still, I loved it anyway. I love the hero's "ayup" and Dukes does it well.

Audible.com did a tempting sale today: purchase extra credits. So, what the heck, I bought 2 more credits, and now I have 4. I went into the wish list to see what tempted me and got bogged down. I wish I could add personal notes to wish list items to remind me why I put them on there!! I ended up not spending my credits there.

I had several PBS credits, and now have 4 books on the way - one LaVyrle Spencer, and 3 Susan Andersen (contemporary, Baby, I'm Yours is the one I've already read). I managed to find these all in Buddy lists which is good. So much for my plan to read all the AAR Top 100 - the next one on the list is Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, and I just can't seem to get interested.

I opened an account in Shelfari - another book organizing website. I'm not 100% sure of the advantages except AAR has a group there, so I figured what the heck. Also I added my shelfari page to my Facebook page. Ah, what the heck is Facebook anyway, I'm still wondering. Back to Shelfari, you can see other's book lists (which you cannot at PBS) so that is why I did it. My thinking is, if I can see what other people have read, if their tastes are similar to mine, maybe I'll find something new to read. (as if I don't have a huge TBR/reminder list already going at PBS)

No comments: