Monday, June 1, 2009

New To Me Authors

Ok, now there's a New To Me Author Challenge floating around bloglandia - and while I don't really need to increase my wobbling TBR pile right now, I do have some authors in my sights. I'll list those as my Challenge authors.

1 - Nalini Singh - she has a book on the AAR Top 100 of 2007 I need to read
2 - Laura Kinsale - another AAR Top 100 author not yet read by me
3 - JR Ward - yep, another one I haven't read any of, shocking I know
4 - Gaelen Foley - another
5 - Laura London - (Sharon and Tom Curtis actually - can this count as 2?)
6 - Patricia Gaffney - hmm, lotta top 100 authors I've yet to read...
7 - Charlotte Bronte
8 - Jane Austen - yes, yes, I know, haven't read either of these classic authors
9 - Erin McCarthy - lotta buzz about her books, so I'm intrigued
10 - Sabrina Jeffries - I have 4 books in the TBR pile, but haven't read her yet
12 - Tracy Anne Warren - I have one in the TBR
12 - Carla Kelly - in the AAR Top lists for 98-04
13 - Paullina Simons - The Bronze Horseman - now in my TBR!
14 - Margaret Mitchell - I actually have GWTW in my TBR, never read it, hated the movie...

and others to be listed as I read...

HERE'S THE ACTUAL LIST:

(1) Kaye Gibbons - A Virtuous Woman, 2/25 **
(2) Mary Jo Putney - Thunder and Roses (an AAR Top 100 of 2007) read 2/13 - **
(3) Laura Kinsale - The Shadow and the Star (AAR Top 100 again) read 2/15 - *****
(4) Claire Lorrimer - Mavreen - read in Jan 2009 - **
(5) Susan Weldon - Spring Rain - 3/29 - * this was so awful!
(5) Judith James - Broken Wing - 3/3 **** author's debut novel
(6) Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice - 3/31 ** audio book
(7) Nalini Singh - Slave to Sensation - 3/31 ****
(8) Sabrina Jeffries - Never Seduce A Scoundrel - 4/1 ****
(9) J.R. Ward - Dark Lover - 4/9 ****
(10) Tracy Anne Warren - His Favorite Mistress - 4/12 ***
(11) Gaelen Foley - The Duke - 4/22 *****
(12) Erin McCarthy - Flat-Out Sexy - 4/24 ***

No comments: